Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Finding Balance

This week I have just been all over the place emotionally. Today was especially unsettling. Next Monday night I will be hopping on the train to Minneapolis. As I reflect on this summer, I realize that I was given many new experiences, but have also discovered that I didn't keep the goals I had created at the beginning. This is a fear I have while in France. I have many intentions for this next year. Number one is to make time for myself. That's what I lost sight of during these past few months. I also want to really make Commercy my home. This includes making my apartment feel like mine, complete with decorations, and I really really really want to become involved in the community as much as possible. When I studied abroad, I got to know many other students, but found myself only spending time with them as opposed to natives of the area. This time around, I don't believe it's a priority of mine to make great friends with other assistants. I don't want to get too wrapped up in the night life. I want this to be a year of finding balance and satisfaction in my life. (All while perfecting my French!) Pray that I keep these goals in mind always.

2 comments:

  1. Though I've only been doing it for 3 weeks, I can definitely tell you that working in a foreign country is MUCH different than being a student in one! I applaud your goal of becoming a part of the community... it's what I am currently working on and I think that, if I succeed, it's going to make my second time in Europe even better than the first :)

    P.S.-- If Claire ever makes her way to Germany you are more than welcome to tag along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's promise to keep each other in check and help each other achieve our goals for this year! :)

    ReplyDelete