Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Three Weeks to Takeoff

Can I pack already?

The countdown begins. In exactly three weeks from today, I will be boarding the train from Grand Forks to Minneapolis only to meet Claire and hop our flight to Paris the next day. SO READY.

This weekend was crazy. I went out both Friday and Saturday, which happened to be the first weekend all the college kids (non-inclusive) were back in town. This summer was slow out on the town, being that this is a college town. I was getting used to the intimate group of people and recognizing most of the faces I would see. This weekend, however, was not in the least bit what I had grown used to. THERE WERE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. Don't get me wrong, I love people! But it made me a bit nostalgic watching everyone excitedly greet each other, asking how their summers had been, and making plans for the school year. That's no longer me. I have no regret in graduating early, nor would I want to actually be going to my first day of class today. I do, however, envy the excitement around me. I know, I know. I'm going to France. I just felt left out (and we all know how I want to be included in everything!). And this is why I'm ready to get right outta here! I want to feel the anticipation of what's to come... and have that day actually arrive! Until then, I've got my 22nd birthday to celebrate, my last day of work (where I have slaved away for the past four years), and a going away party. THEN I can pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment