Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Full Speed and Running: The Countdown Begins


The other night while lying in bed, I had math equations running through my head. I bought my plane ticket home for May 3rd, giving me 74 more days in France. Out of those 74 days, only 22 are work days. That means that only 29.7% of my time left here will be filled working. So what will I do with the other 2/3rds of my time?

For starters, I’m headed to Spain tomorrow! For reasons unknown, this country has been calling my name for quite some time. I’m following the tourist track and will be spending the first few days in Barcelona, then finishing the week out in the country's capital, Madrid. Of course I’ll be checking off items in my book of things to do as I go along, which includes “have chocolate con churros after an all-nighter in Barcelona”. This will hopefully be completed on Tuesday, aka Mardi Gras.

After my return from Spain, I will have another six weeks of work before my final two weeks of vacation. I only work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, hence the remaining 22 work days. If only I could work the next three weeks straight and still be paid for the remaining 52 days and just travel nonstop. Although I’m sure I’d run out of money sooner rather than later… It’s actually good for me to have to take time off from traveling. It gets expensive!

When I look at my time like this, I can already see it flying by! I knew this would happen. Doesn’t it always? You hit the half way mark and BOOM, you’re running at full speed. I’m going to do my best to complete the things I still have left on my list, but I’m also going to savor all the time I have for doing nothing. Because let’s get real. I will probably never have this much free time for myself until I’m retired. Gotta soak it up while I’ve got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment