Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Joyeux Noël from France


This Christmas season has proven to be quite different from what I'm used to. Instead of hot apple cider, I have vin chaud. My gingerbread cookies are in fact real gingerbread men (heavy emphasis on the bread part). Jingles Bells has become Vive le vent. And the Christmas tree sitting on top of my T.V. is only a foot tall with no presents underneath. But despite all these differences, I've still been filled with Christmas cheer. I've spent many days visiting the three largest Christmas markets of France in Strasbourg, Paris, and Metz and even ventured my way up to Germany where this joyful tradition began. My time has been filled with wonderful friends and lots of laughter. And although I may not be headed back to the USA to welcome in the New Year, I have my mom with me to help celebrate this holiday season. I don't need all the presents or the lights on every house. Having friends and family with me is more than enough. What a blessing I've been given.

So to you all,
 
Joyeux Noël and 
Bonne Année!

Until 2012,
BreFi


Gingerbread men in Strasbourg
A little Christmas chez moi
Mulled wine in Hamburg, Germany
Mom and Bre at the market in Metz

2 comments:

  1. Merry 9early) Christmas! SO glad your mom was able to come celebrate with you. I'll be thinking about you guys as I celebrate my German Christmas here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice midget tree.. My gran would totally love you. She swears by the joys of her eternally lasting plastic pocket tree, but she's running low on fellow fans since forever. I should get her a blog and hook you up!

    Since you're quite unfindable on fb I'm kinda crashing your personal space here.. ;')

    Anyway, it was nice to meet you at the nye party ^^

    ReplyDelete